Last Modified: May 1, 2018
Introduction. Nancy Flew, LLC, a California limited liability company (“Nancy Flew” or “We”) respects your privacy and is/are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://www.nancyflew.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect: (i) on this Website; (ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; (iii) when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Nancy Flew or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (iii) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children under the Age of 13. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information: (i) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number, as well as other information provided as part of a client questionnaire including your birth date, areas of interest and support, and other preliminary information gathered for use in providing services (“personal information”); (ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or (iii) about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the site, which information may be collected automatically and may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, newsletters or blog updates. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with, or provide feedback or suggestions regarding, our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (iii) speed up your searches; (iv) recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Nancy Flew, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (i) to present our Website and its contents to you; (ii) to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; (iii) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (iv) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, (v) to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (vi) to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; (vii) to provide you with email notifications regarding the Website, your listings, or other news or information regarding the Website or Nancy Flew; (ix) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (x) for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ information and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see the section title Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 340 S. Lemon Avenue, #583, Walnut, California 91789.
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology by a third-party credit card processing provider.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or by our third-party providers.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights. If you live within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
• I/We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b)my/our our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
• You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
• You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.